Wednesday, July 13, 2011

Forcing our destiny

 Many times we follow certain things, we struggle to do something that although it may be good it is not God's will at the moment.  We fight against all odds to accomplish what we desire regardless of who, what, "gets in our way". It is necessary to stop for a moment and think, reflect what it is that God really wants for us at that particular moment.  God makes us humble by showing us that even when we are qualified or overqualified it is still not our time.  One time I was playing football and played on the striking position and even when we won the games I was disappointed because I did not score.  After a while I understood that I was not the player who scored the goals, but rather the one who helped to score them.  One day without  wishing or thinking about it I scored and that day I understood that whether I could score or not I should just enjoy the game and forget about being the star.  Forcing circumstances in some cases instead of having some positive outcome make us depressed and disappointed with ourselves.  It is better to let things happen naturally and not force them to happen according to our will, but let God take the steering wheel of our lives. 

1 comment:

  1. Well said, my friend. I hope all is going well on the other side of the continent!

    ReplyDelete