Saturday, May 28, 2011

Man shall not live by bread alone. Matthew 4,4



In Kenya the Eucharist Celebrations are usually longer than in the U.S, here they last about 3 hours because there are dances throughout the Mass.  It has been hard for me to adapt to this change besides the many others ones including the timezone change of 8 hours ahead of u.s central time. Yesterday, I went to a reunion of all secondary schools from the Diocese where I belong.  We got there at 10:00 am and left at 4 pm.  Before the Mass began I was so tired of being standing around and something that reflects todays title happened in that celebration.  After I went to receive the Holy Eucharist everything changed, I was not tired anymore and even my hunger hindered and I was so calm that nothing would bother me.  It was then that I truly understood the enormous meaning of the text cited.  I have no words to explain this and only God knows how he shows his power to us.  We should never be afraid or worried about our physical or any kind of needs because God will satisfy them. 

No comments:

Post a Comment